Navigating the labyrinthine world of payroll services can be daunting, particularly when it comes to understanding pricing and costs. SD Worx, a prominent name in the field, offers a variety of services ranging from payroll software to full-fledged managed payroll services. This article aims to shed light on the cost implications of opting for SD Worx’s solutions, helping UK businesses make informed decisions.
SD Worx payroll price list
Please note that these are approximate figures and actual costs may vary based on your specific requirements.
|Service Type||Setup Fee||Monthly Cost Per User||Additional Features Cost||24/7 Support Cost|
|Software as a Service (SaaS)||£0 – £500||£20 – £100||£5 – £20 per feature||£10 – £30|
|Managed Payroll Services||£1,000+||£10 – £20||£5 – £20 per feature||£10 – £30|
|Integrated HR and Payroll||£3,000 – £10,000||£15 – £25||£10 – £30 per feature||£15 – £40|
- Setup Fee: Initial cost for setting up the service.
- Monthly Cost Per User: Ongoing monthly charges per employee or user.
- Additional Features Cost: Extra charges for add-on features like real-time analytics, tax filing, etc.
- 24/7 Support Cost: Cost for round-the-clock customer support.
It’s always advisable to consult directly with SD Worx for a custom quote tailored to the specific needs of your business.
SD Worx payroll options explained
SD Worx provides a myriad of payroll services that cater to different organisational needs:
- Takes 2 minutes
- Receive quotes to compare
- Easy and no commitment
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Suitable for businesses that have an in-house team but require robust software for payroll processing.
- Managed Payroll Services: Designed for organisations that prefer to outsource the entire payroll function.
- Integrated HR and Payroll Solutions: A comprehensive solution that combines human resources and payroll functionalities.
Factors affecting pricing
- Size of the workforce: The number of employees is directly proportional to the cost.
- Complexity of payroll: Different employee statuses, various types of payments, and benefits can add layers of complexity that may affect the price.
- Additional features: Custom modules like tax filing, benefits management, and real-time analytics will contribute to a higher price point.
- Level of support: 24/7 support and dedicated account managers can increase costs.
SD Worx payroll prices
The pricing for the SaaS model is usually subscription-based. Monthly charges can range from £20 to £100 per year depending on the features required.
Managed payroll services
Managed services generally incur a set-up fee and ongoing monthly charges. These can start from £1,000 for the initial set-up and approximately £10 to £20 per employee per month.
Integrated HR and payroll solutions
Bundling HR and payroll services can lead to cost savings, but initial costs can range between £3,000 and £10,000 depending on the scale and features. Monthly charges are typically similar to managed payroll services but might include a premium for the added HR functionalities.
Are there any hidden costs?
It’s crucial to scrutinise the fine print for any extra charges such as:
- Give your requirements
- Receive quotes to compare
- Choose a provider or walk away - your choice!
- Data migration fees
- Training costs
- Additional fees for rush services
- Penalties for terminating the service before a specified period
Final thoughts – SD Worx payroll
While cost is undoubtedly a critical factor, businesses should also consider other elements like the reputation of the service provider, customer support quality, and the adaptability of the software or service as business needs evolve.
SD Worx offers a scalable and comprehensive set of options. However, the key to effective cost management lies in identifying the needs of your organisation and diligently reading through the contract terms. By doing so, you can ensure that you are investing in a solution that is not only cost-effective but also tailored to your business requirements.
FAQ for SD Worx payroll
SD Worx is a payroll and HR services provider that offers a range of solutions, including Software as a Service (SaaS), managed payroll services, and integrated HR and payroll systems.
The cost is determined by several factors, including the size of your workforce, the complexity of your payroll needs, and the specific features you require.
Yes, especially for managed payroll services and integrated HR and payroll solutions. Setup fees can start from around £1,000.
Yes, the SaaS solution typically follows a subscription-based pricing model, with monthly charges per user.
Absolutely. SD Worx offers customised quotes based on the specific needs of your organisation.
Contract terms vary based on the service and package you select. Make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before making a decision.
Early termination may result in penalties. It’s crucial to understand the terms of service to avoid any unexpected fees.
Yes, opting for an integrated HR and payroll solution may result in some cost savings.
This depends on the complexity of the data and the service you opt for. Data migration fees may apply.
Yes, but this feature may come at an additional cost depending on your selected package.
The level of customer support varies by package and may affect the overall cost. 24/7 support is usually available at a premium.
SD Worx regularly updates its software, typically included in your subscription cost, but major upgrades may incur an additional fee.
Training services may be provided, but they are generally not included in the standard pricing.
Payment methods vary but commonly include bank transfers, credit/debit cards, and direct debits.
Managing payroll across multiple countries will likely result in higher costs due to the added complexity.
Yes, most packages are scalable. However, adding features will likely increase your monthly costs, while removing features may decrease them.
This depends on the service and the specific terms of your agreement. It’s best to consult directly with SD Worx for this information.
Yes, tax compliance is usually a part of their managed services, although it may come at an additional cost.
SD Worx has a strong reputation for reliability and compliance, backed by years of experience in the field.
The ease of switching will depend on your current setup and how easily your existing data can be migrated. Consult with SD Worx for a more detailed transition plan.