The realm of payroll services is ever-evolving, and with the rise of globalisation and remote work, the demand for effective and efficient payroll solutions is at an all-time high. One such solution provider, Zalaris, has garnered attention for its comprehensive human resources and payroll services. If you’re a UK business considering outsourcing your payroll functions, this guide aims to shed light on the pricing and costs associated with Zalaris’ offerings.
Zalaris payroll pricing
Below is a table summarising the estimated costs associated with Zalaris’ services. Please note that these are illustrative figures and costs may vary.
|Business Size||Managed Payroll Services (£/month)||Payroll SaaS (£/month)||Customisation Fees (£)||Add-on Services (£/month)|
|Small (<20 employees)||£300 – £600||£100 – £200||£500 – £1,000||£200 – £500|
|Medium (50-100 employees)||£1,000 – £2,500||£500 – £1,000||£500 – £1,000||£200 – £500|
|Large (>200 employees)||Custom||Custom||Custom||Custom|
Overview of Zalaris
Founded in 2000, Zalaris has established itself as a key player in the HR and payroll sector. The company serves a broad range of industries and offers services that go beyond payroll, including talent management, HR analytics, and much more. With its multi-country reach, Zalaris’ cloud-based solutions make it easier for businesses to manage their HR functions remotely.
Types of services
Before diving into the pricing structure, it’s essential to understand the types of services that Zalaris offers. They typically have two main categories:
- Takes 2 minutes
- Receive quotes to compare
- Easy and no commitment
- Full-service payroll management: This is a comprehensive package where Zalaris handles all aspects of payroll, including but not limited to salary calculations, tax filings, and compliance with local laws.
- Payroll software: This is a more hands-on approach where the company provides the software tools, and the business manages its payroll internally.
Zalaris managed payroll services – Pricing examples
- For small businesses with fewer than 20 employees: Expect prices to be around £300 to £600 per month.
- Mid-sized businesses with 50-100 employees: Costs generally range from £1,000 to £2,500 per month.
Zalaris payroll software – Pricing examples
- Small-scale usage: Starting at £100 per month for up to 10 users.
- Larger-scale operations: Approximately £500 to £1,000 per month for up to 100 users.
Factors that influence pricing
Several factors can affect the cost of your payroll service with Zalaris:
- Volume of employees: The more employees you have, the higher the cost. However, economies of scale may apply, resulting in cost savings per employee as numbers grow.
- Complexity of payroll: Multiple pay grades, bonus structures, and benefits can add complexity and thus may increase the cost.
- Geographical reach: If your business operates across multiple countries, compliance with various local laws can add to the cost.
- Level of customisation: Tailoring services to meet specific needs usually comes at an additional cost.
- Additional services: Beyond payroll, additional HR services will incur added fees.
- Customisation fees: Around £500 to £1,000 for bespoke reporting features.
- Add-on services like talent management: Could be an extra £200 to £500 per month.
Zalaris typically utilises a modular pricing approach, allowing you to only pay for the services you actually need. General pricing figures for common business sizes are:
- Small businesses (up to 50 employees): Around £200 to £500 per month.
- Medium enterprises (50-200 employees): A range of £500 to £2,000 per month.
- Large corporations (over 200 employees): Custom pricing structures are often used, usually with a cost-per-employee discount for larger workforces.
Investing in a reliable payroll service is crucial for the smooth operation of any business. While Zalaris provides a comprehensive suite of HR and payroll solutions, understanding their pricing structure requires a nuanced approach. The cost will ultimately depend on your business needs, size, and the level of customisation you require.
Before making a decision, it’s advisable to consult directly with Zalaris or an independent advisor to get a tailored quote. With the right information at hand, you can make a well-informed choice that suits both your needs and your budget.
- Give your requirements
- Receive quotes to compare
- Choose a provider or walk away - your choice!
FAQ for Zalaris payroll
Zalaris takes care of salary calculations, tax compliance, and any regulatory filings required. Additional services, such as talent management or HR analytics, are not included but can be added for an extra charge.
While the table above doesn’t specify this, it’s common for there to be a one-time setup fee for SaaS solutions, often ranging between £200 to £500.
Zalaris offers a good deal of flexibility, but customisation will often come at an additional cost, ranging from £500 to £1,000 for features like bespoke reporting.
Typically, you can transition between these two services, but it’s advisable to consult Zalaris directly for the cost implications of such a move.
No, the pricing for add-on services like talent management or HR analytics varies based on your specific requirements and is generally not fixed.